Mixed Signals from Signal Hill
Black Gold and the Silver Screen
By the authors of “Zorro Rides Again”
The year is 1921, and the Jazz Age is just beginning. Suzy and her father are happily farming on Signal Hill, when they are invaded from two directions: an oil prospector who wants their land and a silent film company that finds peril in every pasture.
Characters include two low-down, no-good villains, two sweet and feisty heroines and a brave, if not too bright, hero. Add a foggy-headed boxer, Laurel and Hardy, the Keystone Kops, and a bevy of Bathing Beauties, and you have a slapstick comedy complete with chases, damsels in distress and gushing oil wells.
Put on your glad rags and Charleston with us as we paint the town - that is, Long Beach - red!
Casting meeting: July 24 5PM
No experience necessary! Please come to the casting meeting prepared to read, act and move!
Rehearsals: Monday & Wednesday 5PM-8PM, Saturday 9AM-12PM
Performances: August 24–25
Participation Fee: $200
Rehearsals & Performances at the GO-FAME Studio
(located in the Long Beach Towne Center, next to Staples)
PREPARING FOR YOUR AUDITION
- No audition piece required for this show!
- Be prepared to move.
- Wear closed-toe shoes! No sandals or flip-flops! No boots or Uggs!
Please complete your audition paperwork (Audition form, Calendar, Policy Agreement) or be prepared to do so at the audition. Please note that a parent or legal guardian's signature is required.
Audition Forms will be available on June 1.
- Be sure to fill out the questions about what roles you will accept. We understand that some of you have limited time and can only commit to a lead or featured role. Please be honest so we do not cast you in a role and have to recast that role later.
- Photos help us remember who you are! Attach a photo to your audition form. School photos are great. If you do not have one, don't worry! We will have a photographer at the audition.
- Please complete the calendar, indicating all known conflicts. Please read our attendance policy carefully.